David G. Bauer Associates, Inc
Improving Grant Proposals through Quality Circles
In this one-half day seminar your grantseekers will learn how to put their federal,
state, foundation, and corporate proposals through a quality circle before submittal.
This process will promote quality in your grants program and dramatically improve your
organization's grants success. Your organization's image with reviewers and grantors
will also be enhanced by incorporating this concept into your proposal process.
Seminar participants will learn how to:
- evaluate their proposals using the actual review system they will encounter
- identify the areas of their proposals that are weak and improve them to increase their scores
- eliminate proposal errors and other elements that cost points
- and make their proposals more readable from the grantors perspective
They will also learn how to set up and conduct a grants quality circle exercise to improve
their colleagues' proposals before submission. Participants will leave this seminar with the
skills necessary to:
- develop a quality circle setting and provide and maintain a positive atmosphere throughout the exercise
- establish the parameters for the scoring system to be used and the time spent reading each
- assist the quality circle participants in role playing the actual reviewers based on reviewer backgrounds, viewpoints, and biases
- get everyone in the quality circle to participate and provide their opinions
- handle group members who may not follow the quality circle guidelines
and keep the group on time and task.
Materials include all the forms and workshops needed to participate in and lead effective
quality circle exercises.
Back to Bauer Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2011 David G. Bauer Associates, Inc.